Wednesday, July 4, 2007

July 4, 2007

Baby Boomers vs. Independence
Empty nesters or sandwich generation. Many baby boomers are adjusting and enjoying the fact that their children have matured and found alternate housing while others are continuing in the caring generation's fashion of assisting their children and their aging parents with housing and any needed support. Read the following survey to determine where your future may lead you.

http://www.pulte.com/pressroom/2004BabyBoomer/BabyBoomerNesters.pdf

4 comments:

Chris said...

Interesting article, thanks for sharing. Having no children I cannot become "sandwiched" between parents and children. However, my passion for animals; with the dogs to the left of me and the horse to the right, that could create a very diffenrt type of sandwich! More like a Sloppy Joe! (HAHA)
Nice final presentation, you do great work and have come so far with the computer! Did you ever imagine you would have created a blog 6 months ago?

Catherine said...

since I am one - it's a bit daunting to realize all the implications...thanks Mary Lou
Happy 4th....

Eileen said...

Great article on my life!I am a boomerang and a sandwich--I am very lucky. My son is home since graduating from college and it has been a change as we were use to quiet,sleep,a clean house,less laundry,etc--but we LOVE it-most of the time!!Thanks and great job as usual with your blo g

mcdj74 said...

I actually shared some of this info with my boss who is a boomer. She thought it was pretty great!