Monday, July 9, 2007

July 9, 2007

Adults 55+ Housing

Communities marketing the baby boomers have changed the venue to include elevators, swimming pools, cafes, fitness centers, pets allowed environments, and surround sound theaters. More options for the retirees are being offerred to accommodate the current trend in the over fifty crowd. The Fifty Plus Advocate, a biweekly publication, advertizes this type of living in Burlington at the Heritage at Stoneridge and Orchard Hill assisted living in Sudbury. Read more online at fiftyplusadvocates.com.

5 comments:

Eileen said...

Sign me up--but give me a few years!55+ housing is a great option for everyone as we spend most of our leisure time maintaining the yard,painting,repairs,etc and have less time for spending with friends,etc.Thanks for the news

Chris said...

Does 55+ allow multiple horses, dogs and cats???? If so, sign me up too! I spend too much of my leisure time following around after them, but then again I would not have it any other way. This is a nice option for those who are not addicted to animals. Thanks for sharing another useful piece of information.

Catherine said...

I remember the first time someone mentioned assisted living - seemed like such an odd concept but now it's a common part of the fabric of our lives. As I've looked at nursing homes for my Mom, I'm glad there is a gentler alternative for us baby boomers...

The Girl Next Door said...

I loved your blog focus. I am very into eating healthy and regular exercise. I tried to send the message to everyone I come accross. Being health improves your quality of life. Good Stuff!!!!

Tahia said...

At one point my mother-in-law was looking at placement for my grandmother (by marriage). This sounds great I am going to refer my mother-in-law to your blog. Your blog is a great source of info.